The Meade’s Polaris telescopes are perfect for amateur astronomers who wish to discover the night sky. Polaris telescopes come with all necessary equipment and feature an equatorial mount that allows for easy tracking of celestial objects.
If you’re looking for a dual-purpose telescope appropriate for both terrestrial and celestial viewing, then the Meade Polaris 90 EQ3 Refractor telescope is for you. The Meade Polaris 90 EQ3 model is capable of giving correct views of land and sky.
All the Polaris telescopes come with an equatorial mount which is a little more complex to set up over a Altazimuth mount, but allows for easier tracking of celestial objects and is ideal for amateurs, beginners and children.
This 90mm (3.5”) Refracting Telescope delivers bright and detailed images, comes with 3 eye pieces and a built in T-Mount for attaching a DSLR camera to the telescope. You will need a body adapter for you camera which is sold separately here.
The magnification of the Polaris 90 EQ3 is the same as the 80 EQ2 but has the advantage of a bigger aperture allowing for brighter detail and objects, see below.
Great for viewing:
Low magnification eye piece (26mm 35x)
The moon & larger craters, Messier Objects, double stars and star colours, comets, nebulae and distinct features on the moon.
Medium Magnification eye piece (9mm 100x)
Jupiter and four of its moons, identify all planets out to Saturn, the Moon's mountains, cloud belts on Jupiter, Cassini division in Saturn's rings.
High Magnification eye piece (6.3mm 143x)
All of the above in more detail but can only be used when viewing conditions are very good plus, Moon valleys and mountains visible, suitable for making sketches of planet details.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out
- 90mm (3.5”) Refracting Telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing both land and celestial objects
- Features a stable equatorial mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land)
- Eyepiece1: 6.3mm (143x)
- Eyepiece2: 9mm (100x)
- Eyepiece3: 26mm (35x)
- Bonus Autostar® Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows® PC only)
Design: Lens Telescope
Eyepieces: 3 (6.3mm 143x, 9mm 100x and 26mm 35x)
Focal Distance: 900 mm
Mounting: German Equatorial
- Meade telescopes have a 2 year warranty that covers defects, usability and durability of product for this period. At our discretion warranty claims in this period will be resolved at no cost by repair or replacement. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper use, normal wear and tear, exposure to chemicals, force majeure, or modifications or repairs performed by yourself or third parties.
Orders received before 3:45pm weekdays are dispatched the same
All orders are delivered within the United Kingdom mainland
for £ 2.49, standard delivery.
||Standard (Second Class) 2-3 days
||First Class 1-2 days
Business Day Courier
EU - Up to 20 Days
Expidited EU DPD Courier 6 Days
Available payment methods:
Available payment methods for UK & EU - PayPal, Credit
Card, Debit Card, Amex
We must receive payment in advance before your order can be
processed and the goods can be dispatched, unless we have agreed
otherwise in advance in writing.