The Meade Polaris 130 EQ3 Reflector telescope is perfect for viewing celestial objects.
All the Polaris telescopes come with an equatorial mount which is a little more complex to set up over a Altazimuth mount, but allows for easier tracking of celestial objects and is ideal for amateurs, beginners and children.
This version benifits from having an RA Motor Drive unit.
The Meade Polaris Electric RA Motor Drive attaches easily and directly to the Meade Polaris EQ telescopes #216001 through #216006. With the motor drive attached and turned on, the telescope can move at the sidereal rate to track any celestial object and keep it centered in the telescopic field. With the variable speed adjustment, you can quickly and easily change the tracking speed to track the moon, planets, or stars. With the Polaris EQ mount properly aligned to the pole, (see telescope instruction manual) the motor drive will keep the object in the field of view for 10 to 20 minutes before re-centering is required. Compatible with both Northern Hemisphere and South Hemisphere operation. Direction of tracking is controlled via a convenient N/S switch on the motor housing. Once installed, the RA motor drive may be left permanently attached to the telescope. Requires a single standard 9V battery (not included) which will last many enjoyable observing sessions, approximately 40 hours total run time.
This 130mm (5.1”) Reflecting Telescope delivers bright and detailed images, comes with 3 eye pieces, a Barlow 2x and a built in T-Mount for attaching a DSLR camera to the telescope. You will need a body adapter for you camera which is sold separately here.
Great for viewing:
Low magnification eye piece (26mm 25x)
The moon & larger craters, Messier Objects, double stars and star colours, comets, nebulae and distinct features on the moon. Low mag is also used for centring objects in the field of view before using higher mag
Medium & High Magnification eye pieces (9mm 72x, 6.3mm 103x)
Jupiter and four of its moons, identify all planets out to Saturn, the Moon's mountains, cloud belts on Jupiter, Cassini division in Saturn's rings. Details of moon's craters, structure of Jupiter's cloud belts, 2 of Saturn's moons
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out
- 130mm (5.1”) Reflecting Telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing celestial objects.
- Features a larger stable equatorial mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land)
- Eyepiece1: 6.3mm (103x)
- Eyepiece2: 9mm (72x)
- Eyepiece3: 26mm (25x)
- Bonus Autostar® Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows® PC only)
Design: Lens Telescope
Eyepieces: 3 (6.3mm 103x, 9mm 72x and 26mm 25x)
Focal Distance: 650 mm
Mounting: German Equatorial
- Meade telescopes have a 2 year warranty that covers defects, usability and durability of product for this period. At our discretion warranty claims in this period will be resolved at no cost by repair or replacement. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper use, normal wear and tear, exposure to chemicals, force majeure, or modifications or repairs performed by yourself or third parties.
Orders received before 3:45pm weekdays are dispatched the same day. Orders received on a weekend or bank holiday will be dispatched on the next working day.
All orders are delivered within the United Kingdom mainland for £ 2.49, standard delivery, Free for orders over £70.
|Destination||Delivery method||Delivery cost|
|UK||Standard (Second Class) 2-3 days||£2.49 (Free for Orders over £70)|
|First Class 1-2 days||£3.99|
|Next Business Day Courier||£9.99|
|EU||Standard EU - Up to 20 Days||£12.99|
|Expidited EU DPD Courier 6 Days||£27.99|
Available payment methods:
Available payment methods for UK & EU - PayPal, Credit Card, Debit Card, Amex
We must receive payment in advance before your order can be processed and the goods can be dispatched, unless we have agreed otherwise in advance in writing.