The DJI Mavic Air has been officially launched and we are very excited about it.
Who is it aimed at? Everyone from beginners to pro's that need a compact drone with 4K video and 12mp stills. It does everything a Mavic Pro can do and more but with 2 major differences.
The first being the reduced flight time, The Mavic Pro has a flight time of 27mins (30 for the Platinum) the Mavic Air only 21 minutes (still very respectable).
The second is the communications link. The Mavic Pro uses OcuSync allowing a 4.3 miles range (and more reliable around obstacles like trees etc). The Mavic Air uses Wifi allowing a range of up to 2.5 miles.
The stand out features for us are as follows:
- 8gb internal storage - just in case you forget the micro SD card.
- 42 mph top speed in sports mode
- The controller - it has removable sticks for safer storage
- 3 Direction environment sensing - making it harder to crash
- Ultra portable - Half the size of the Mavic Pro
- 32mp Sphere Panoramas - awesome immersive shots
- Active Track with the selection of up to 16 subjects
- Quick Shots - Choose from 6 pre programed video capture modes
- Its Size! - did we mention that already
- FlightAutonomy 2.0 - more redundant modules to increase the Mavic Air’s safety level
- HDR Photo mode
We are amazed at the tech packed into such a small package and for a very good price.
Stock is expected at the beginning of Feb, the white will be shipping first followed by the black and then red versions. We are taking pre orders now
Order yours HERE